Though the book’s only been out a month or so, there was just something about the logo that didn’t seem to quite sit right with me. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but there was something. I’d look at it for hours and since I couldn’t pinpoint what was bugging me, I went ahead with the design.

After playing around with it for the last couple weeks, I finally came up with a logo design that really jumped out at me, and I hope it does the same for you.

With that done, I turned my hand to tuning up the cover layout. The illustration was great but the layout (the part I did) also needed some work. It was originally designed as a wrap-around cover but, the problem I ran into was fitting all the necessary information on the back cover. That being as it was, I decided to lose the art on the back and do a kind of mottled fill so that the text would stand out.

This worked out better than I had originally thought because it let me put some review blurbs on the back cover as well as a small About The Author section. All-in-all, I’m really happy with the final result and, I hope my fans like it to.

I still have several copies of the first printing so, this new design won’t go into effect for several more weeks, but the new logo will be used much sooner and – for funsies – I thought everyone might dig checking out the new cover layout. I hope you like it.

FittingCover.png